Safaricom has a pretty decent Android application dubbed MySafaricom app. The app, which can be downloaded and installed from the Play Store, lets users gain access to information on activity on their Safaricom line like Bonga points, bundle balance and even allows them to locate the nearest Safaricom shop where they can be served.
Just like it did in the month of January when it offered users double the data bundles for no extra amount, for Valentines, Safaricom is giving away extra data bundles for free to users who buy bundles through the MySafaricom application.
The process is simple:
- Make sure you have topped up your Safaricom line with the right amount of airtime – either Kshs 50 or 500
- Open the MySafaricom app on your Android device – you will be welcomed by a huge Valentines day offer banner. Click the banner if you want more details on the offer. Otherwise, go to the next step.
- Click the Buy Data tab
- You will be presented with a long list of the various data bundle options you can subscribe to. Click Activate on either of the two Valentine bundles (140MB – 7days, 1.4GB – 30 days). Alternatively, you can scroll to the very end of the list and pick the 30-day Internet Bundle plan. You’ll find Valentine 1.4GB (KSHS 500) listed. Select it and click on the large green Buy Bundle button (you really can’t miss it).
- The offer is valid only on the 14th of February
- The 140MB data bundle is valid for a week (7 days) while the 1.4GB data bundle lasts a month (30 days)
- The offer is open to both pre-pay and post-pay customers on the Safaricom network
- You can purchase the bundles as many times as possible (makes sense for the 140MB gang and not for the 1.4GB heavy-hitters. The latter can get a much better deal by say buying the normal 3GB data bundle which costs twice (Kshs 1,000) as compared to getting 2.8GB for the same amount.)