Tecno’s Spark 5 series has been out for a while. A few months, actually. However, it has taken that long for the family to be complete.
As we noted a few days ago, Tecno now has the Spark 5 Pro, the last remaining member of the series, available for purchase across the country for about a week now.
We’ve had with us the Tecno Spark 5 Pro during that time as well and, before we share our final thoughts on the device next week, here’s a quick look at what caught our eye the first time:
- By launching this late in the year and months down the line since the release of the other members of the Tecno Spark 5 family namely the standard variant and the Air model, the Tecno Spark 5 Pro is positioning itself not as just another member of the Spark 5 series, albeit a superior one, but “the” only Spark 5 series smartphones you should care about. That is very well reflected in the device’s price, about Kshs 14,000, which is where standard variant, with far less features and inferior specifications, started at.
- One quickly appreciates all the upgrades that the Spark 5 Pro brings to the Spark 5 series. It’s not as speedy as other devices we have reviewed this year – including others from Tecno itself – but it keeps its spark as a shining light of the entry-level smartphone segment. It also has more storage, more memory.
- The design is the same as what we find on the Spark 5, there are no changes. Everything is unchanged. Even the size. That is a good thing as it is just a “Pro” variant and nothing radical was expected in the first place.
- The battery is very good. One gets 2 days easily on this device.
- Like the Infinix Hot 10 we just reviewed, the cameras on the device, so far, haven’t been that exciting. They get the job done but nothing outstanding. They’re enough to get by and that should be your expectation. You can only ask for so much for devices at this price point and it clearly shows.
Look out for our review of the Tecno Spark 5 Pro next week.