1. Go to the eCitizen portal and log in using your credentials. If you have never signed up on eCitizen then click Create an account and you will be taken through the steps necessary to do so. You only need your mobile phone and your national identity (ID) card at hand to accomplish the same.
Note: if you have recently replaced your national ID card, in the event that your serial number isn’t being logged, use the old ID card’s serial number as it may take a while before details of the new card are captured and updated on the portal and the whole point of using it is that instant services offered.
2. Go to Directorate of Immigration Services (New Applications) in the National Services section of the eCitizen dashboard and click on Get Service. You will be directed to the specific sub-portal from where you can apply for a new Kenyan passport or access other services such as applications for endorsements, temporary permits, etc.
3. Click on Passport Application.
4. Fill in all the necessary details as guided in the online form that shows up next and upload any required supporting documents (e.g. copies of identification documents for oneself, the sponsor, parents, etc).
6. At checkout, when prompted to choose the payment method, select Telkom T-Kash, follow the payment instructions on-screen and complete the payment once the transaction has gone through on your phone.
7. Download and save all the invoices and documents as instructed during the application process for printing and presentation at the appointed application receiving facility run by the Immigration department.