For lovers of Xiaomi products, 2019 will go down as the year that the Kenyan consumer got more options in terms of where they can shop for products from the Chinese brand.
On December 21st, Gree Chain International, one of the enterprises that has been key in bringing products from the Xiaomi brand to more Kenyans than ever before, will be unveiling a new store in Nairobi.
The new Mi Home store, as previously noted, will be based at the Sarit Centre, Kenya’s oldest shopping mall, on the ground floor right next to the Java coffee shop.
It will become Gree Chain’s third such store, after the ones at The Hub in Karen and along Moi Avenue in the city’s central business district.
As was the case during the official opening of the other two Mi Home stores, Gree Chain International, which brands itself as Xiaomi Kenya, is welcoming fans of the brand and offering them a number of deals and discounts on the big day.
Some of the offers on the 21st will be:
- Free Christmas hampers for the first 200 people to get to the venue
- Customized screen protectors and back covers sold for Kshs 9 to the first 100 people to register (here) with their phones
- Hourly raffle draws at 11AM, 1PM, 3PM, 5PM and 7PM that will see the winners walk away with prizes like phones, portable chargers (“power banks”), suitcases and earphones
- Discounts of up to 90% on select products throughout the day
- Unlike during past Mi Home store launches where those that spend over Kshs 1,000 got schwag like branded tumblers and car phone holders, on the 21st, those that do will be getting “a free box of super pens”
- The Xiaomi Redmi 6, 64GB variant, going for Kshs 9,999
- The Xiaomi Mi 8, 64GB storage + 4GB RAM variant, going for Kshs 27,999 and coupled with a free Mi Band 3 wearable
- Those that pre-order (through this link) the Redmi Automatic Washing & Drying Machine 1A and/or the Xiaomi Water Purifier 1A by paying the required Kshs 1,000 reservation fee will be able to pick up their products on December 21st, the launch day of the Mi Home store, with Kshs 5,000 slashed off the price. That means that for those eyeing the washing and drying machine, they’ll pay only Kshs 25,000 with the discount applied on the 21st. It will be Kshs 45,000 for those that pre-order the water purifier.